Skimlinks Test

Pages

Thursday 6 March 2014

January + February Empties



 We're in March already .. My god!! Well about time for another 2 month Empties..




Haircare..


1. Boots Fruit Essences vibrant colour shampoo - I don't really have a lot to say about this, I didn't pick it up cause it was a colour shampoo so I can't say whether that aspect even did what it was meant to do. But it didn't lather up to how much I'd usually like and I got bored of using it. Repurchase? No.
2. Asda dry shampoo - Do I even need to say anything about this?! It's one of the best dry shampoo's I've ever used and it's £1!! Repurchase? Yes. 
3. Mini Batiste dry shampoo - I'm not the biggest fan of Batiste and never really was.. They smell nice, but I find they don't work that well in my hair. Repurchase? I have another mini with one use left but once that's gone, no I wouldn't.
4. Bed Head Mini Headrush (shine spray) - Love love love!! This is an absolute beauty, It does what it says on the tin and smells AMAZING! Repurchase? Yes.


Bath & Body..


1. Boots Hair Removal Cream - I'm usually a shaving kinda gal but I bought this for the day I got my last tattoo done on my leg, as generally hair removal creams slow my regrowth a little and I thought it'd be less irritating on my legs. Needless to say, it worked for what I needed it to. It also doesn't have that perming lotion smell to it! The only downside is that you can't leave it on whilst showering, therefore adding extra time beforehand to let it do it's magic. Repurchase? Probably.
2. Soap & Glory Clean On Me - I love everything S&G and this did not disappoint. It smells lovely, lathers up a treat.. but it says it has a built in body lotion? I don't feel it does anything moisturising, just makes me smell nice. On the plus sides it has a pump, and lasts forever! I had this nearly a full year on the go, which did start to get a little boring. Repurchase? I got another bottle for Christmas so I won't be buying it myself for a long time I'm sure! 
3. Nivea in shower body moisturiser - What even is this?! The point..?! I don't know! It's marketed as a conditioner for your body as far as I'm aware.. and is meant to be good for lazy girls like myself who can't be bothered to moisturise after showering/bathing. But 1. you still have to apply it like a regular moisturiser, thereby not saving any time! + 2. It didn't even do anything! I put it on and rinsed it off, like it says to do.. but found it an utterly pointless step.. and also smells like 'old lady soap/ make up' (we all know that smell!) Repurchase? No, have even thrown this bottle away with some left in the bottom as I was sick of seeing it on my bath side.
4. The Body Shop, Shea body butter - I'm not the biggest fan of body butters, and this was no different.. The feel nice on the skin, but are too much like hard work for me. Repurchase? I think I have another tub I was gifted ages ago, but again wouldn't go out and buy another.
5. The Body Shop, Shea scrub - Now scrubs are my thing, but sadly this didn't impress.. It was a good scrub, not gonna lie.. but I'm not a fan of those that leave that oil behind on your skin (Handy if you can't be bothered to moisturise, but eurgh, just don't like the oily feeling!) Repurchase? No.


Skincare & Make up..


1. The  Body Shop, tea tree foaming cleanser - Now I cheated with this one, it got to about half way and I was so bored so I poured it into a bottle of tea tree toner I had and now use the combined mix to wash my make up brushes (FYI, genius idea!) But I still have an opinion on this such an empty bottle.. I love using tea tree products, but this just didn't work for me. I've never tried a foaming cleanser before so I wasn't sure what to expect.. But I didn't like it at all. I felt like it being foam and tea tree it dried my skin out and didn't actually cleanse my skin very well. Repurchase? No.
2. No7 Intense Volume mascara - One of my all time favourite mascara's! I've mentioned it a few times and really need to do a separate post on it, but for now all you need to know is that it's amazing.. and the No7 vouchers are currently on again so why not give it a go ;) Repurchase? I have a few mini's of it amongst other mascaras, but after them.. I most definitely will!


Misc..


1. Tesco cotton pads - Just your average cotton pads really.. Not a lot to say.. They did what I needed them to. Repurchase? Yes.
2. Boots double sided cotton pads - Now These, I wasn't so sure about.. Both sides had different textures.. One of which just absorbed any product I put on it (unless soaked) which was a tad annoying and the other side just failed altogether, and just didn't remove my make up just kinda dragged across my face. Repurchase? No.
3. Morrison's cotton wool balls - I probably don't need these as well as cotton pads, but they look cute in the little jar I have them in on my dressing table! Again, just average cotton wool balls.. nothing special. Repurchase? Yes.
4. Crest white strips - I thought I'd see what the rave was all about again on these, and yeah they did lift the yellow slightly.. but no more than using my whitening toothpaste+ mouthwash do. Repurchase? For the hassle it is to get hold of them, no.


5. Lush, Luxury bath pud - FAIL. Review here .. Lovely colour and smell.. but it failed me.. Repurchase? No.
6. Lush, Bombardino - Similar to the Butter ball but less oily, didn't smell of an awful lot and just turned the water a weird yellow colour.. very boring but looked cute! Repurchase? No.

So that's my 'empties' done for another few months, I already have a few products in my next bag ready as yet again I'm late in getting this up..




No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test